Amazing gifts for any occasion
People enjoy giving each other presents. It’s great fun to receive gifts, but even more fun to give a gift. However, some people find it difficult to think of an original gift every time, which is why we would like to help you on your way in this blog full of useful tips and inspiration for the most common gifting moments.
Thoughtful thank you gifts
We all have people in our lives who deserve a heart-felt thank you. Whether it's because someone took care of your cats during your holiday, hung a lamp for you or helped you out with a ride when your car broke down, a thank you is a great thing to give and receive!
Tips for finding the perfect thank you gift:
- Keep it small, there’s no need to go overboard;
- Keep your budget in mind;
- Wine, chocolate and flowers are the most popular thank you gifts.
If you are looking for a thank you gift, how about these:
View all thank you gifts >
Brilliant birthday gifts
One of the most common reasons for giving someone a present is, of course, their birthday. Perhaps it's also the most difficult gift moment, because it rolls around every year and it can be difficult to come up with something original each time.
Tips for the perfect birthday gift:
- This is the perfect opportunity to choose something different for a change. In many cases, it's a safe bet to go with wine, chocolate, a gift voucher or luxurious wellness products, but as far as we are concerned, you could choose to go with something a bit different for a birthday. Don't feel obliged to stay within the ‘normal’ limits!
- Above all, keep in mind what the recipient would really like to receive; can you think of anything that fits in with their interests?
- A birthday is also a good time to go for a joke gift; if you have a strange, bizarre or crazy photo of the birthday boy or girl, add the photo to a mug, a water bottle or a chopping board depending on what you think would have their preference;
- If you’d like to go for a bigger gift, get all of their friends to contribute and buy a joint gift;
- Always keep your budget in mind.
If you are looking for a birthday gift, how about these:
View all birthday gifts >
Wonderful wedding gifts
You’ll want to surprise the happy couple with a special gift on their big day, but it can be one of the most difficult moments, as many people don’t know which gift to go for or which budget to stick to.
Tips for the perfect wedding gift:
- Many couples prefer to receive money;
- You are not obliged to adhere to their request, but most people tend to;
- If you choose to give money, keep your own budget in mind;
- If you prefer to give a gift, you are free to do so.
If you are looking for a wedding gift, how about these:
View all wedding gifts >
Cool birthday gifts for kids
A child's birthday is one of those times of year when you can drive yourself crazy trying to think of a great present. If you really don't know what to go for, the parents often have a wish list, but there are plenty of fun gifts to think of (even without batteries, lights and sound).
Tips for the perfect children’s birthday gift:
- Keep the child’s age in mind;
- Don’t feel pressured to exceed your budget;
- Kids are often bombarded with toys on their birthday, so it could be nice to go for something fun but educational.
If you are looking for a children’s birthday gift, how about these:
View all gifts for children >
Surprising your special someone is one of the best feelings in the world. You can use a traditional moment such as Valentine's Day for this, but can surprise them any day of the year, really! One thing we know for sure is there’s nothing better than the moment you surprise your partner with a sweet gesture.
Tips for the perfect romantic gift:
- Showing your appreciation for your partner every now and then is not only fun, but can also have a good influence on the relationship;
- Keep in mind what’s important to them: receiving gifts often, every now and then, or gifts in the form of dinners and weekends away;
- Choose the right gift for the right moment. Giving a gift on a first date is romantic, but giving a gift for every date can start to feel awkward;
- Compromise between what you like to give and what they like to receive;
- Chocolate and jewellery are popular with women, men usually love our apron or BBQ gloves.
If you are looking for a romantic gift, how about these:
View all romantic gifts >
Beautiful baby gifts
You’ll want to surprise the new, proud parents with a gift to welcome their little miracle. Parents are often showered with cuddly toys, clothes or nappies, so why not go for a personalised gift?
Tips for the perfect baby gift:
- Parents are often inundated with gifts during the maternity period, so it might be a good idea to ask them in advance if they have any gift preferences;
- No matter how cute the little one is, keep your budget in mind;
- As well as bringing something for the baby, you can choose to bring something sweet for the mother!
If you are looking for a baby gift, how about these:
View all baby gifts >
Not sure on the rules for visiting a newborn? Check out our blog full on do’s and don’ts when visiting a newborn